This page contains educational material primarily about Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome due to a water damaged building (CIRS). This is a biotoxin illness that is caused by mold and the interaction between mold, bacteria and chemicals used in building materials. Other biotoxin illnesses have similar signs and symptoms. They are also treated similarly. Some of them are discussed on this site. Additionally, there is imformation on this site about Nutrigenomics and Biotransformational pathways as you really can't treat someone with a biotoxin illness without including analysis and treatment of these pathways. This information is for educational purposes only. Nothing in this text is intended to serve as medical advice. All medical decisions should be made only with the guidance of your own personal medical authority. I am doing my best to get this data up quickly and correctly. If you find errors in this data, please let me know.
If you value this website, please consider donating.
Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH)
The hypothalamus makes antidiuretic hormone (vasopressin) which is transported to the pituitary gland. A message from the hypothalamus will tell the pituitary to release it into the blood stream. Antidiuretic hormone will then tell the kidneys to conserve fluid by reducing the amount of water in the urine. A deficiency of antidiuretic hormone causes excess loss of urine and a condition called diabetes insipidus. Some people can urinate almost 8 gallons in a day. They are very thirsty and have to constantly drink to avoid dehydration.
Some mold folks are low on ADH. They report being thirsty, peeing a lot, dry mouth, dry skin, static shocks. Some of them notice that being in saunas, hot tubs or using diuretic food/herbs will make it worse.
|Home Page | Wise
Acres Farm | Classes
Herbal Reference | Book Store | Links | Contact Information